The Los Angeles Medicinal Marijuana Program is just one that has significantly expanded over the last five years. As an increasing number of physicians become a part of the expanding community, and as an increasing number of research institutes can create clinical research on the benefits of marijuana dispensary, an increasing number of disorders are being prescribed for it to efficiently cure.
Tantamount to those efforts is advancement. A good notion of the progress can be accomplished when one assesses the number of distinct states medical cannabis is accepted to treat in Los Angeles a few that now is greater than 150. Should you ever wonder what some fast facts were seeing the Los Angeles Medicinal Marijuana Program, these 7 ought to keep you well informed about it.
Best Factoids Concerning the Los Angeles Medicinal Marijuana Program
1. Proposition 215 legalizing a Los Angeles medicinal marijuana program was initially passed in 1996, known as the Compassionate Use Act of 1996.
2. Back in 2003, this proposal was amended as Senate Bill (SB) 420 (Chapter 875, Statutes of 2003), that generated dispensaries and a bud card program from LA..
3. The Los Angeles Medicinal Marijuana Program is administered, monitored and financed by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
4. Senate Bill 420 demands that this medical marijuana program be paid for by the program fees billed for each card from the state.
5. Per the CDPH guidelines, “Upon getting a recommendation from their doctor for usage of medicinal marijuana, patients and their caregivers can apply for and be issued, a Medical Marijuana Identification Card”
6. Feb CDPH specs for its financial year of 2011, you will find far more than 52,549 Los Angeles medical marijuana cards in use that are valid for a year.
7. Only accredited doctors or LA bud clinics and medical offices may urge patients for an Los Angeles cannabis card.